- Growing my Business
- Expanding Abroad
HSBC’s commitment to the Belt and Road Initiative recognised in Asiamoney’s New Silk Road Finance Awards 2020
HSBC has been supporting clients in capturing business opportunities along the BRI.
“We are pleased to be recognised by Asiamoney for our work along the Belt and Road. Our vision is aligned with the BRI’s goal of achieving a higher quality, and more open, inclusive, sustainable and market-driven programme. As the world embarks on a journey to recovery from the impact of Covid-19, we are committed to supporting our clients in navigating the impacts in a sustainable way, leveraging the scale and strength of our global network,” Mukhtar Hussain, Head of Belt and Road Initiative and Business Corridors, Asia Pacific, HSBC.
“The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a crisis for every economy. At the same time, it has also created an opportunity for the Belt and Road Initiative to prove its value as an international partnership that serves the international good,” Mukhtar added.
HSBC’s commitment to the BRI has been recognised by Asiamoney in the publication’s annual New Silk Road Finance Awards, 2020, in the following categories:
- Best Bank for Infrastructure/Project Finance in the Region (Southeast Asia)
- Best Individual BRI Project or Initiative in the Region (South Asia)
- Best International Bank in the Region for BRI (Middle East & Africa)
- Best Bank for BRI-related financing in the Region (Middle East & Africa)
HSBC’s commitment to sustainability and the internationalisation of the Renminbi – two key elements of the BRI – has been well-recognised: in 2020, HSBC was ranked #1 overall for the ninth year in a row in Asiamoney’s Global RMB Poll, and was also recognised by Euromoney as the World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance for the second year running in 2020.
Additionally, HSBC has been recognized by Euromoney during this unprecedented year with three global accolades at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2020, including the award for Global Excellence in Leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic, for our support to clients, employees, and the communities and economies we serve.
Related awards received by HSBC:
Asiamoney Global RMB Poll 2020
- Best overall global RMB products/services (9th year in a row)
- Best overall offshore RMB products/services
- Best overall onshore RMB products/services (all providers)
- Best overall onshore RMB products/services (Chinese providers only)
- Best CNH transaction banking and treasury management
- Best CNH derivatives
- Best syndication of CNH bonds
- Best sales and solutions
- Best CNY transaction banking and treasury management
- Best CNY derivatives
- Best CNY research and analysis
- Best syndication of CNY bonds
- Best advisory (onshore)
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2020
- World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance
- Asia’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance
- World’s Best Bank for Transaction Services
- Global Excellence in Leadership (during the Covid-19 pandemic)
- Excellence in Leadership in Asia (during the Covid-19 pandemic)
- Excellence in Leadership in the Middle East (during the Covid-19 pandemic)
For our complete list of Award wins please visit https://www.gbm.hsbc.com/about-us/awards/2020
Its presence in
countries and territories covers 90 per cent of global Gross Domestic Product, trade and capital flows
overall for the eighth year in a row in Asiamoney’s Global RMB Poll
HSBC is delighted to be recognised by Asiamoney as the Best Overall International Bank for BRI. This award demonstrates our strategic commitment to supporting our clients as they seek opportunities created by the BRI, as well as the advantages provided to our clients by HSBC's leadership among international banks in mainland China, global network and universal banking model.|