In these uncertain times with COVID-19, we recognise that businesses are going through a challenging time. At HSBC Bangladesh, we are taking measures to help you and make your everyday banking as straightforward as possible. To this end, we have recently introduced a package for supporting businesses that may be impacted by COVID-19.
Special relief measures
For Textile and Garment customers, we are providing:
- up to 90 day extension of import liability maturing from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 where export shipments are delayed.
- special short term loans up to one year with principal moratorium for four months which can be used for the purpose of supporting workforce costs - including wages, bonus, utility – and, or other overhead payments.
- three months moratorium against existing Term Loans.
Trade relief measures
We know that businesses are facing supply chain disruption, with delays in receiving both goods and payments, leaving many with a gap in their working capital cycle.
To cover this short-term gap, we are offering:
- trade relief in the form of waiver of Letter-of-Credit (LC) commission and margin requirements for the import of medicine, medical equipment and accessories used to treat COVID-19.
- waiver of amendment fees on LCs for customers facing delivery disruptions owing to late shipment and late presentation of documents.
We are here to support you. There are a number of ways you can manage your business account as well as trade finance digitally and your Relationship Manager is here to help as well. Find out more
Note: The above offers are subject to terms and conditions and credit approval.